Everything about Foamiran Flowers - Questions & Answers

Hi everyone :)
In this post I'd love to share with you, my latest love
Foamiran ( Foam ) Flowers, give you some tips and answer the most common questions.

What is foamiran?
Foamiran is stretchy material (foam) 0,8mm or 0.6mm thick which look a bit like paper, easy to shape when warm. I mention the thickness as this is very important. 
This is a special kind of foam dedicated to flower making.
It's not ordinary craft foam 2mm thick! Which you can buy in crafts stores with products for kids.
Foamiran flowers are handmade flowers made out of foamiran :)
You can buy foam in many colors (at the moment at least 30 colors available) :

What kind of flowers you can make with it, how to color the foam?
- You can make any color, any kind you wish as it's very easy to dye it,
and shape when the foam is warm.
To color the foam you can use any inks, soft or oil pastels, sprays and chalks.
My fav are inks, gelatos ( Faber Castel) and soft pastels.


What do you need to make a foamiran flower:
To make these flowers you will need a foam, iron ( not always), flower center - gem, pearl, button, anything you wish to stick in the middle, scissors and hot glue or nail glue. These are the basic.
I use a lot of white foam as it's very easy to color it :)
You can also use ball tools to help with shaping your flowers and a sponge or foam mat.

I also use dies as I make a lot of foam flowers and it's much quicker with dies.
If you do not have die cutting machine you can cut petals with scissors.

Where to buy foamiran and all other supplies needed?
Foamiran, stamens, tools, flower cutting dies, inks, flower centres available
in 14 Craft Bar they ship worldwide.


Dies for flower making: 
You can use most of dies and punches to make flowers.
It's good to use dies and cut 4 layers of foam at once
as it makes the foam thinner and easier to shape.
Since I have my own line of dies I use them the most - Lady E Design dies











How many flowers can I make from 1 sheet of foamiran?
I make flowers for cardmaking. I usually make a flower which is about 5cm big.
From 1 sheet of foamiran I can make 4 big flowers and few small :)

How to make the flowers:
1. Cut out or die cut the flowers
2. Put on the medium hot iron, turn the steam off.
3. After few seconds release from the iron fold and roll in your fingers until you feel that
the foam is really thin like a paper.
4. Unfold the flower and shape each petal.
5. For one flower you may use 2-3 layers of petals, stick them together with hot glue
6. Make a hole in the middle, put stamens through and secure on the bottom.

There are few techniques how to make flowers and few video tutorials on youtube, here are some of mine, more you can find on my youtube channel HERE:
































What to do with foamiran flowers?
You can use foamiran flowers for any craft projects, as wedding decorations, on hair bands, jewelry,
and many more I use them on my cards mostly:










 So I hope I have inspired you with this post and maybe
foamiran flowers are something you would like to try?
I offer an online workshop - step by step videos, more info about it HERE

I have created Handmade Foamiran Flowers FB group and would like to invite you to join us,
where we share our handmade foam flowers and projects with them :


Have a creative day!!!
HUGS XX

19 comments

  1. How lovely! I wish we could get this product here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Przepiękne kwiatuchy i karteczki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buzia się sama uśmiecha :) Dziękuję za kursik :) Masz talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dziękuje za kursik, wieczorkiem będę szaleć wg kursu :), kwiatki są przecudne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prześliczne są te wszystkie kwiatki, takie delikatne i wprost eteryczne. Kartki i tag z ich dodatkiem są przeurocze:). Piękne pastelowe kolory. Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the video It's very clear and your flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, I have ordered some and it is already shipped to Australia...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the wonderful tips. Your flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, your flowers are lovely, I am about to start a large backdrop project and am considering using the foamiran product, do you think this product would work with 12-15 in flowers. Also due to limited availability of colors immediately available in US what would you suggest is the best product for dying the whole sheet. Thank you for any advice you can provide

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I would have seen this a year ago, this has answered questioned I’ve had for along time! Thankyou Emilia!💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  11. адениум семена и врослые адениумы


    Фоамиран разрешен для детского творчества

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is not only a minor bit of work. This is beyond all that. This is greatness.
    HobbyPlants

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, can you suggest me the thickness of fomarien for Giant rose ???

    ReplyDelete

Dziękuję za poświęconą chwilę i dobre słowo.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!